Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chag Sameach!! Today is Yom Yerushaliyim!!! Not much happened in school for it, we just re-learned what we celebrate for and what happened. But last year was quite the experience, we were in Yerushaliyim last year for Yom Yerushaliyim!! So first there were two concerts in the middle of the street, one for the boys and one for the girls (of course). Everyone was singing and dancing and it was absolutley sooooo incredible. Then after awhile we all started walking down one of the streets to get to the old city. EVERYONE was screaming and singing and dancing and everyone was having soooo much fun. We got to the Old City through the Damascus gate, I really like that gate, and we all walked straight through the arab shuk. I felt like we were saying 'Oh yeah, this IS OUR land!!!' Then we got to the kotel and it was just undescribable. I went up to the kotel and davened and went back to the plaza-where they put up a mechitza between the boys and girls!!! Of course there was more dancing and singing and another concert. I looked back at the kotel and the entire area was completley filled!! It was just SOOO incredible and I really hope that *next year* and all of the years to follow I can be in Yerushaliyim for this really miraculous day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment